Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What a girl wants


Shea does not like to shop. She is not into clothes. She is very picky and very plain. I try and try but lately I have succumbed to the fact that she is just a jeans and t-shirt type of gal. And I am fine with that. BUT, when she expresses a desire for something cute and semi-stylish, off we go. We were at the store (Target, of course) Monday night and she saw these brown boots with fur and tassells and she just had to have them but we were in a hurry and they were a size too big. They were the very last ones. She begged and begged. That night I could tell they were still on her mind so I told her that if she wanted them that bad she had to pay for them with her own money. So last night I told her to grab her purse and off to Target we went. The brown boots were gone, but yeah!!!, there were pink ones. And they were a size bigger than the brown ones. I tried to convince her to wait and I would check another store but we all know that when you fall in love with a pair of shoes, size doesn't matter. $23.99. The tag said $23.99!!! I thought that would change her mind but she reminded me that she had five gift cards in her purse and a bunch of cash. Where does a 7 year get that much money? Lots of lost teeth, I guess. To make long story short, here are the boots. Jeans tucked in and everything. We'll see how recess went with fur and tassels flying in the wind as she tried to run.

4 comments:

Marni said...

very cute and stylish!! Do they have them in adult sizes? you know how much I love pink!

Kathryn said...

Riley reminds me so much of Shea, and this is no exception: picky picky picky! Very cute boots, though. Do they come in toddler sizes?

Karen said...

Cute family pictures Emily and I can SO relate to the style issues. Faith is a sweats and old t-shirt girl, no pink, no lace, nothing fancy...but I have decided that it's nice to have a low maintenance girl who doesn't feel like she needs to get dolled up to feel good about herself :)

Darrell said...

I love the family picture. How did you manage to get everyone looking so fabulous!! We took some. They are awful. That's why my Christmas cards will be late this year!!!

Marnie