Friday, December 5, 2008

The Christmas Elf


His name is Casper but we just call him The Elf. He lives with us during the day, watching our every move, making notes for Santa. After we are all asleep his flies with his magic to the North Pole to report our naughtiness or our niceness. If he touched, his magic goes away. As proof that he leaves every night, he moves around the house, choosing a new place to perch himself for the day. Well, with this cooler weather, The Elf hasn't been able to fly to the North Pole at night (or is someone just forgetting a nightly duty???) and boy are the kids getting mad at The Elf. So, today he took his journey during the warmer daytime hours. I hope the kids appreciate his sacrifice.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your elf is even scarier than our elf and your kids like him. What is with my kid? Atleast I didn't tell Brock our elf reports his naughtiness.

Beth said...

That is a fantastic idea! I love it. Perhaps I will steal the idea and implement it immediately.

Emily said...

What a great idea! I think we'll have to incorporate that too, next year or so.