Thursday, March 27, 2008

It's Rodeo Time!!


The boys are convinced that real cowboys tuck their pants into their boots.



I love Texas. I love being a Texan. I love that my kids are being taught to say "Yes, mam" and "Yes, sir." I love that it never snows. BUT, my very favorite thing about Texas is the Rodeo. It is one of the biggest in the nation and it is a constant party for two weeks. I have not missed the Rodeo since I moved here 11 years ago. Even this year we took Zachary at 15 days old. We wear our boots and walk through cow poop and watch chickens hatch and look at baby pigs.

The weather was beautiful and the kids were great, considering we walked for five hours straight - there is alot to see at the Rodeo!

1 comment:

Sislers said...

Hi, this is your cousin Greg's wife, Leslie.
Your kids are adorable and I have to say that I LOVE rodeos too!! I have an aunt from Lehi, and ever since I was little we have gone to the "Lehi Roundup". I absolutely love it. I've been to the Days of 47 Rodeo in Salt Lake, but it's just not the same. Greg's so NOT into country stuff, so that's about all I can get him to go to, but at least he'll go. I might be toting my little 2 month old this year too since I love it so much :)